Beaches, sun and fun is Eilat's fun cocktail. Enjoy her wonderful city hotels, one hour only from Tel Aviv. For your information, it's better to fly there from Ben Gurion Airport in Lod or from Sde Dov in Tel Aviv (link to the Arkia reservation page).
Five Great Reasons to Visit Eilat:
• Who can resist those cute and fun-loving dolphins? At the Dolphin Reef you can get up close and personal with these beautiful creatures. The reef is a unique ecological site, where visitors can enjoy nature. The children have a rare opportunity to swim with dolphins in their natural habitat. The dream come true.
Not to be missed are the three pools, where you can float in seawater, fresh water or salt water, with lush gardens all around, and have trained therapists apply relaxation techniques on your buoyant bodies. You'll feel like you're in heaven.
• While you're at it, Eilat is the perfect place for scuba diving. For first-timers, the Red Sea is a very friendly environment for diving lessons. The Red Sea is always calm, and the visibility is excellent. More experienced divers will find world-class diving here. The local nature reserve hosts a reef more than 1,200 meters long. It's one of the world's most northern tropical reefs.
• Eilat is also the perfect family destination: from beautiful beaches to loads of fun activities for children in all the major hotels, you're little ones will never be bored, and you'll have ample opportunity to sip a cool drink at the pool. And let's not forget the many attractions for youngsters and families - an amusement park, a new Kings City (a theme park based on the Bible and Biblical stories) and an IMAX theater.
• Where else can you find such a perfect blend of surf and desert? The Arava region north of the city and the Eilat Mountains are an arid desert, dotted with hidden oases, as well as archeological and historical sites to be explored. Eilat is a great starting point for a myriad of camel treks and jeep tours through the region.
• Finally, after a long day of diving, lounging on the beach, enjoying a multitude of water sports or admiring the desert views, don’t forget to leave a little (or a lot) of energy for the fabulous nightlife. In the evening, take a stroll down the promenade, buy a souvenir or get your hair braided. Head on to the iconic Three Monkeys Pub (tel. 08-6368989), enjoy the vibrant atmosphere and have a beer or two, then party the night away at one of the dance clubs.