Terms and Conditions of Service:
Terms of Service of Arkia's Click website
1. Arkia's Click website is operated by Arkia Israel Airlines Ltd and Arkia Group (hereinafter: the Site or Arkia). The Israeli tax laws exempt tourists in certain cases from payment of VA at hotels and car rental in Israel; and the Site serves as an e-commerce site for the purchase of product and/o services in the field of aviation and tourism by web surfers outside Israel with foreign citizenship, who may use their foreign citizenship when entering Israel. It is emphasized that without an updated visa stamp to Israel, tourists will be charged VAT.
agreement between Arkia and the user. Users are requested to read them carefully, as their rights and liabilities are
6. Surfing the Site and/or purchasing a product and/or service through it and/or the call center number
9. The Company allows you to purchase various products and services through the Site and/or call center.
10. In order to book a product or service presented on the Site, select the requested product or service and enter the page containing further information about it.
11. In order to go to the booking form on the Site, you must register by typing information such as user name, password, email address, telephone number, etc.
13. Those booking on the Site must ensure they have the following in their possession:
13.1 A passport which is valid for at least six month from the date of departure from Israel.
13.2 An entry visa to the countries you plan to visit.
14. Arkia is not liable for any passenger damage caused by failure to obtain an appropriate visa or departing for overseas with an unsuitable visa, without any visa at all or with a restricted passport or non allowance of entry into any country for any reason, including refusal to issue a visa because the passenger is a citizen of an enemy country of the country which issued the visa.
15. It is clarified and emphasized that booking on the Arkia site is not Arkia’s confirmation for placing the booking. A final confirmation of the booking and the credit card debit will only be implemented once final approval is received from the credit card company.
16. Take note that submitting false information is a criminal offense and is expected to lead to legal proceedings, including lawsuits for damages caused to Arkia and/or any of the other service providers and/or anyone on their behalf, due to and/or with respect to provision of the false information.
17. Any error made by the user in typing the purchase particulars, including errors in selecting the flight destination,
number of tickets and/or quantity of services booked and/or an error concerning the age of the passengers will be
the user's sole responsibility.
18. In cases where the credit card company fails to confirm the transaction, the user will receive appropriate notice from Arkia's representatives. To complete the purchase, the user will be required to contact Arkia's customer service call center telephonically to organize the credit card company's approval to execute the transaction. The transaction will only be considered complete once the credit information has been provided. If the user fails to organize the confirmation within seven days of receiving the notice of the credit card company's refusal to confirm execution of the transaction and in any event no less than three days prior to the due date for provision of the service, Arkia will be entitled to cancel the booking.
19. The rates of the products and services sold through the Site and the booking call center change from time to time. If there is a discrepancy between the rates specified on the Site and the actual rates at the booking center, the rate at the booking center is the effective rate.
20. The rates stipulated in foreign currency will be collected at the high transfer and check exchange rate of that currency on the payment date. Payment is made in U.S. dollars. it is customer's responsibility to pay for the
difference in the exchange rate.
Ownership and Protection of Rights:
21. The Site, the trademarks included therein and any other model connected thereto are the sole private property of Arkia, or if other commercial entities are advertised therein, of those entities. Users of this Site are forbidden to make any changes to the items of information, software, products and/or services and/or anything else on the site and are not permitted to copy, distribute, reproduce, publish, sell and/or make any use, directly or indirectly, of information and/or anything else on the Site unless prior written consent has been provided by Arkia.
22. Illegal use of this Site and/or the information appearing therein is a breach of the copyrights and/or other laws connected to the Site.
23. The user declares that he/she is aware that the Site, all the information therein, andits form and design are the sole property of Arkia, or if advertisements of others are advertised, the property of these advertisers.
Legitimacy of using the Site:
24. Any user is entitled to use the Site and make purchases, subject to fulfillment of the cumulative terms specified as follows:
24.1 The user is qualified to perform binding legal actions. If you are a minor (under age 18) or are not entitled to perform legal actions without the consent of a guardian, your use of the Site will be considered as having received the consent of your guardian.
24.2 The user, above 18 years of age, is not an Israeli citizen, and is the holder of all the necessary documents for the journey.
24.3 The user is the holder of a valid non Israeli international credit card.
24.4 The user is the holder of a web mailbox and an address outside Israel.
Transaction cancellation and change:
25. Cancellation of transactions will be carried out under the Consumer Protection Law, 1981 (hereinafter: the Consumer Protection Law). If all the conditions specified hereafter are fulfilled (without exception), reduced cancellation fees apply amounting to 5% of the transaction price or NIS 100, whichever is lower:
25.1 The booking was made telephonically or online directly by the consumer, as defined in the Consumer Protection Law (Consumer – someone who purchases a commodity or receives a service from a dealer during the course of his business primarily for personal, household or family use);
25.2 The booking was made eight or more business days prior to departure;
25.3 The consumer cancels the booking in writing within 14 days from making the booking;
25.4 The cancellation is made at least seven business days prior to the departure date.
26. A written cancellation must be sent to fax number +972-3-9600806. A phone number must be noted on the back of
the fax for our representative to call back.
27. Any booking cancellation/change shall be executed by written notice only (by letter of fax) and subject to the Consumer Protection Law. The effective cancellation/change date is the date the cancellation/change letter/fax is received at Arkia's offices. If the date of receipt of the notice is a day of rest, the cancellation/change date will be considered the first business day following the day of rest. The cancellation enters into effect upon the receipt of a cancellation approval number from Arkia’s representative.
28. Arkia advises the Site users to purchase medical, baggage and cancellation fee insurance and to check the terms of these insurance policies.
29. Without derogating from the generality of the aforesaid , it is hereby clarified that if pregnant women decide to fly at their own discretion and responsibility after it is clarified that harm and/or injury may be caused to a pregnant woman and/or fetus traveling up to week 27 of pregnancy inclusive, on any flight to any destination, their signature on the booking form and/or upon receipt of the tickets and/or when making the booking at Arkia releases Arkia and/or anyone on its behalf from responsibility. Moreover, and without derogating from the aforesaid generality a pregnant passenger from week 28 to 33 exclusive, who decides to fly must bring a medical certificate with her in English stipulating that there is no hindrance to fly and no fear of early birth.
Privacy protection and confidentiality:
31. Presenting the products and/or services on the Site is not expression of an opinion concerning their nature or quality. The pictures of the products and/or services on the Site are for illustration only and differences are possible between the pictures shown on the Site, in part or in whole, and the products and/or services actually sold.
32. If a typing error was made in the description and/or rate of the product and/or service shown on the Site, this does not bind Arkia, but it will be entitled to cancel the transaction.
33. Arkia is not liable for the contents of the advertisements in the links on the Site leading to other sites which may be reached through those links.
34. Arkia does not guarantee that the links in any link will lead to an active website.
36. Arkia and/or any of the Site operators and/or anyone on their behalf are not responsible for the Site server to be clear of viruses and/or other components which could harm a computer and/or other equipment due to visiting the Site. Moreover, Arkia is not liable for any damage caused from any failure and/or delay when attempting to enter the Site.
37. Arkia will not bear liability for any illegal acts performed and/or occurring on the Site by a user and/or another entity. The user will indemnify and/or compensate Arkia and/or anyone on its behalf for any claim and/or expense and/or damage and/or legal fees applicable to Arkia as a result of the user's use of the Site.
38. Icons, any information and/or presentation appearing on the Site, including graphics, design, verbal display, trademarks, logos as well as the editing and display of these are under the sole ownership of Arkia and/or anyone on its behalf. The contents appearing in the Site may not be copied, reproduced, published or used in any other manner unless Arkia provides its prior written consent.
39. Arkia's computer records concerning the transactions carried out through the Site will be considered as allegedly correct transactions.
40. Arkia is entitled to cancel a transaction and/or sale, in whole or in part:
40.1 In the event of a typing error in the quote between the product rate and the product description;
40.2 If quotes for the products/services offered for sale are rejected;
40.3 If it is discovered that a communication fault and/or another technical problem has occurred which prevents users from being able to continue participating properly in the sale;
40.4 In the event of force majeure, acts of war, hostilities or terrorism, which prevent either continuation of a sale which was made or proper participation in a sale;
40.5 If it becomes clear that the transaction and/or sale was accompanied by an illegal action of the buyer and/or any third party;
40.6 If it becomes clear to Arkia and/or anyone on its behalf that the buyer may resell the product or service which it purchased to a third party and/or to trade it.
42. In any event of a legal dispute, the courts in Israel will have the exclusive local authority to deliberate the lawsuit.
43. It is hereby agreed that any lawsuit and/or claim of the passenger against Arkia must be presented to the Company in writing no later than 30 days after the passenger returns to his place of residence.
45. The Company's address: Dov Hoz Airport P.O. B. 39301, Tel Aviv 61392.